About This Blog

I am a musician living in Cape Town, South Africa and this blog is intended to document various musical projects I'm working on ... mostly after the fact, when I remember.

Unless otherwise stated the bass line (and quite often the mix) is my work.



Thursday, February 14, 2008

GT-Pro Setup and patches

Just recently I got a Boss GT-Pro fx-rack to work with which is what I'm using ATM to record (via USB) my sketches.
This is unit has some great guitar sounds but not much for a bassist, it is however very configurable if a little noisy.
This page has some good advice which now makes the GT-Pro much quieter.

I was going to include a couple of my bass patches but after reading about the Fletcher Munson curve (the difference in tone at different volumes) originally here for the line6 pod and then here for the GT-Pro.

Basically the frequencies are :

Low cut filter 55hz
Low Eq +12
Low Mid Eq Center 4khz, Q8, -4
High Mid Eq Center 8khz, Q16, +8
High Eq +12
High Cut Filter 11khz

This has given me pause to revisit my patches so I will post them at another time.


No comments: