About This Blog

I am a musician living in Cape Town, South Africa and this blog is intended to document various musical projects I'm working on ... mostly after the fact, when I remember.

Unless otherwise stated the bass line (and quite often the mix) is my work.



Monday, August 20, 2012

Mood Indigo

Yep, I've been a little busy lately ... unlike this blog :) but anyways Muriel (my wife) and I have been working at getting a jazzy duo together, we should have done this looong ago, but hey we're doing it now.

It's pretty interesting as she is from a classical background and reads really well while learning to improvise and I'm from a blues/funk background, can jam 'till the cows come home, but have to work hard at getting my reading up to scratch.
Anyways between us we are getting a rather a unique sound together, and it is evolving quickly which is very nice - no backing tracks, drum machine etc. just electric piano & guitar or fretless bass.

So if you'd like to hear what we sound like, book us for a gig in Cape Town (South Africa) or whatever, you'll find all our info on our new website Mood Indigo.

No comments: