About This Blog

I am a musician living in Cape Town, South Africa and this blog is intended to document various musical projects I'm working on ... mostly after the fact, when I remember.

Unless otherwise stated the bass line (and quite often the mix) is my work.



Monday, January 14, 2013

Keep Me Away From You (two versions)

First update for the year and it's only January :)
Sometimes when I have the time I join in a jam on the internet, known as a collaboration.
Anyways, every now and then as song gets "published" which basically means that that tune is now declared finished.
This recently happened with Keep Me Away From You (solo vocal version) which is a fork of Keep Me Away From You by Danny Milligan and was originally conceived as a duet.

The original tune

was published last year but dazzle fly, the female vocalist, liked it so much she decided to do her own solo version, so here it is.

Anyways, both versions have the same music, tho' I think I prefer the solo version.
I was kinda hoping for a re-mix as a bit of a timing issue crept in somewhere as the bass isn't quite as tight as I played it, especially near the beginning, and this (timing issue) was carried over into this project .... oh well, 'tis a small thing, tho' it irks me ... but on the whole I'm pretty proud it, and I guess most won't hear what I am, so excuses aside here it is.

Here are the links once again.
Keep Me Away From You (solo vocal version)
Keep Me Away From You (original version).

Any comments are welcome :)

No comments: