About This Blog

I am a musician living in Cape Town, South Africa and this blog is intended to document various musical projects I'm working on ... mostly after the fact, when I remember.

Unless otherwise stated the bass line (and quite often the mix) is my work.



Friday, February 22, 2008

Bettina

Ok, here's an oldish one (circa '94) called Bettina, it's pretty much a bass solo at the moment and started out as a tapping exercise, tho' it did come up as an intro for a tune called "Vibe" from one of my previous bands, so anything is possible.

For now I just did a quick take from memory... and then found that the tabbed version is not quite the same... but anyways...As with most of the stuff on this blog it's the ideas that count, polish can happen later if there's interest.

After my last attempt at formatting, the TAB it's now a plain text file, this can be opened with any word processor.
Bettina.tab

For the samplers out there this is a clean chorused bass at 120bpm.
Bettina.mp3

Lastly I've included the GT-Pro patch I used for this tune, after my last blog this now includes the loudness patch (FM curve) on FX1 which is set to off as default.
I use a Behringer FCB1010 midi foot pedal to change patches and such. For simplicitys' sake I currently use it on it's default V-Amp setting (1+6), if you have one of these also then rocking Expression Pedal A will bring up a dirtier/dryer tone with a Wha on Expression Pedal B.
Bettina.gtl

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok, I gotto ask, how do you load this patch into the GT-Pro.

Hiphop Hippy said...

Hey wow thanks, my first comment ... and I can answer it :)

It's really easy, download the file, open it with the GT-Pro librarian then click the little block to the far left of the patch - the other block is what I used to create the patch.

You should now hear that patch, as it stands now it hasn't overwritten anything but nor is it permanent.

If you want to keep it, open the editor, it will open on the current patch then write it to the No. you wish to save it under.

All this assumes you have the GT-Pro hooked up to your computer.

Hope This Helps
feel free to ask if more advice / help is needed.