About This Blog

I am a musician living in Cape Town, South Africa and this blog is intended to document various musical projects I'm working on ... mostly after the fact, when I remember.

Unless otherwise stated the bass line (and quite often the mix) is my work.



Friday, March 23, 2012

Clearing a little Confusion :) hopefully


Another rare blog update has been kinda forced on me ;)

As a musician I've always had a problem with being tied down to any one particular band or genre.

A band I play in was recently asked to play at a street party and whilst the party went REALLY well I came to realize that there's the possibility of my assuming the wrong band for an event :)

So to clear up any potential future confusion (and hopefully NOT come across as an ego-freak) here's a bit of a break down of my current musical projects...

Tip of Africa : An afro/fusion type project playing only original material

SHA : A blues/rock type project playing mostly original material but also a few covers (eg. Muddy Waters, Hendricks etc.)

Acoustic Art : A piano/guitar duo playing mostly light ambient music.

Three very different to each other gigging projects hence the potential confusion when "my band" is asked to play. :)

To add to the mix I also get involved in various collaborations both locally and internationally. These are just recordings for the sake of it.




No comments: