About This Blog

I am a musician living in Cape Town, South Africa and this blog is intended to document various musical projects I'm working on ... mostly after the fact, when I remember.

Unless otherwise stated the bass line (and quite often the mix) is my work.



Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Shit happens but life goes on.

Yep, again there's a long pause between blogs, I guess that's just the way it is.

Anyways, this isn't really a musical entry, just a note to myself and any who read this that a few weeks ago I was robbed at gunpoint of my car, recording gear (Roland VS1880 / IBM T43 Laptop) plus mics, leads etc. wallet (R120.00) and cellphone (contacts backed up to laptop :( ), but I didn't get a scratch other than going through the emotions, so as the title says - Shit happens but life goes on.

This happened on my way to recording the Barleycorn Sessions a folksy kinda get together every Monday evening round the corner from where I live.

These guys are amazing, they really appreciated what we were doing (recording the seperate tracks for a remix if wanted and a live mp3 for the artists) so they held a benefit gig to help recoup some of our losses... wow I've never had a benefit gig before and was really touched, about R3000 was raised which won't cover much but was a really sweet thought.

Anyways I'm back to researching what's out there that can record about 8tracks at once, so far the pick of the current bunch seems to be the Yamaha AW1600, and perhaps a netbook for the mp3's.
Will get back one day to let any who read this know how things worked out, any suggestions would be really appreciated.

'till next time .....

No comments: